Sunday, August 4, 2013

Convention and other thoughts & sundry things...

Well like I used to read to my children We're going on a Bear Hunt... I am going to a convention, not just any convention but Romance Novel Covers 1st annual Convention. Here is the link http://romancenovelconvention.com/rnclasses/registration/ It's Sunday morning and I am leaving on a jet plane on Tuesday morning. To say I am excited is an understatement. I will be meeting a lot of authors that I have been talking with the last year. Connecting with them on a couple author or fan sights we all have a lot in common. We are readers, a lot of us are writers and we all love Jimmy Thomas. If you see him on my cover you are going to think he is just another pretty face. Yes, he is that. He is also an incredible person and is doing EVERYTHING for the convention and us as Author's and attendees. My hat goes off to him or since I don't wear a hat my helmet. Yesterday for the day we trained at my fire department with our new extrication tools. It was awesome but hard work. We got to tear apart and cut into two cars. This morning I was feeling it for sure. I thought when I got home I could easily fall asleep and take a nap. I showered cause this girl stunk... and then did house work. Leave 4 boys various ages from 19 down to 10 home and when you get home the house is well, looks like boys that age were home. They all try though so I was happy with what was done and the effort.So I just spruced things up. We brought home a platter of sandwiches from training. That along with macaroni salad and cookies and I knew as soon as I got home they would be plowed into... Daniel who is small and 10 years old ate 3 whole sandwiches, plus a whole cookie. The cookies were huge... One of our small town groceries French & Brawn is wonderful and always provides us with the best food ever for these trainings! I love to read and there are certain magazines I find relaxing to read or to look through. In one recently, the Editor of this magazine on re-doing kitchens mentioned a favorite movie of mine because there were a few scenes in the kitchen. In Something's Gotta Give it features a stunner of a kitchen. I for one would be happy in one the size of mine, just reworked with more counter and cupboard space. But the kitchen in my house was what sold me because of the large window looking out onto the back yard. It now has new windows. I hope with time to re-do the whole thing... from the floor up. BUT what I am getting at. In my first book in My Beloved Vampire series One Thousand years to Forever I feature kitchens or the characters working and living in and around the kitchen. Here is a review from a reader on Amazon and I think I found a bond to a reader which makes me happy. 4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable August 1, 2013 By Ethel Staats Format:Kindle Edition I found the story to be very enjoyable. I enjoyed also that Katherine had a life and family and it all connected with the others very well. 1 Comment | I think that writing this story and bringing real life into this novel about a love story of a vampire and a woman he has loved for one thousand years along with incorporating family into it helps. For me depending on the season the kitchen is my room and life centers around it. When my daughter MaryKate lived at home we did a lot in the kitchen and it would be really crowded because we were creating.Also at the station when we cook down there it brings everyone in there as a family and I love it! So if you haven't picked up a e-version of my newest bookOne Thousand Years to Forever please pick up a copy. I will be running contests again once I am back from the convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment