Thursday, November 15, 2012

Welcome to my author blog.

Well you might wonder why I would create another blog. It's here for me to tell you about whatever I am writing about. Whether it be The Kings of Angkor Series or another book that is in the works that takes place in Cambodia in the 1920s or the novella I just finished yesterday. I will also keep you posted on updates on my online activity that's in regard to my work. Trying to learn the ropes of an author's online presence is not all that easy or maybe it is BUT with the lack of time I am learning slow. So as of yesterday I had the novella done, another manuscript that has been done for some time BUT is on the back burner. Then I have the 2nd in the series of The Kings of Angkor that is in the works. With the holidays coming up and then my trip to Cambodia right after Christmas I have a lot going on. Today started early as always got the kids off to school and then was working away... That's when it happens. Off in my own little world and the tones went off (My pager vibrates then a shrill Beep,Beep,Beep. Since I live in a black hole as dispatch calls it, I don't always get the tones or communication from the county dispatch. I got the tone, nothing else. Grabbed my phone and pager and ran. Got down stairs and the text from dispatch came in... "structure fire" That notches my heart rate up that many more beats. We ended up going back to the house which was really just a chimney fire. Second time working on cleaning out the chimney. I was part of a three man team down in the basement. So that's what this author does in her spare time. Besides taking care of my family, cooking and of course writing I am a fire fighter for my town. I'm on call 27/7 unless I turn my pager off. That doesn't happen often. So stay tuned to here or my other blog The Kings of Angkor which will be about anything Cambodia and my series that is dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment